I was offered one week to try this newspaper.com a spin off from Ancestry.com. I was offered a week.

I had to put in my credit card information under the impression that it was not going to be used unless I went past the week. Next thing I find out I have a $79.00 charge to my bank account plus the box is checked for updating my subscription after one year. I tried to call and all you are offered is a option for a call back or a place on the internet to write to them. After 4 attempts at the phone and contacting the on line support, 4 times I got my money back.

Do not fall into this web !! zyou will be sorry if you do.

Review about: Newspaper Archive Subscription.

Comments

Newspapers.com is a bait and switch company. They claimed to have a free 7 day trial just sign up with your email for access.

Not until you've signed your email and created a password do they hit you for a mandatory credit card.They will even send you a welcome email without a credit card, but when you login to try to use your FREE membership the credit card page blocks you. So they are an email collection and seller site as well as credit card scammer.

Newspapers.com and NewspaperArchive.com are two separate companies. Also, with newspapers.com, don't use the change credit card info on their website as it does not work, just check their faqs.

I tried to change my card with it and found my auto renewal was charged to my original card. They do now have an option to cancel your membership under your account profile which has worked just fine for me.

to Anonymous #1050861

I am not seeing any option to cancel my subscription on their website anywhere.