2.0

Go with the another site that is reputable and doesn't mask by leaving the "s" off the name. Be aware of the charges after a short "free" period.

If you check the little box, you pay even if you didn't realize what you are getting into. You will be charged! I never used the site and was charged $49 three times before I caught it on my credit account. Lesson learned.

:( I spoke with a supervisor by phone and received the scripted version of how I got myself into this mess...I had trouble following him and got lost in "you clicked this and then click ed that...etc".

No wonder so many have the same complaint. The setup is by design to do just what they have accomplished in doing and that is deception to the consumer for the all important $.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of newspaper website and associated monetary loss in the amount of $150. Newspaper Archive needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned newspaper website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Newspaper Archive.

Comments

#1194699

I have much of the same complaint.

I willingly paid for a subscription, I believe it was like $100 for a year. Then, after like three months, virtually every newspaper clipping I tried to view was prohibited unless I agreed to pay another $140 to "Upgrade."

AND I couldn't cancel my subscription for a refund.

Additionally I had to manually go in and delete my credit card information so I won't be charged in future years.

SCAM! BAD BAD business practices have ruined what otherwise could be a fantastic service.